Oats may be one of the healthiest cereals on earth. A great source of many important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
In the article you will learn exactly what it is and what its nutritional and health benefits are for the body. You will also find some delicious and useful oatmeal recipes that you can try today.
What is oats?
Oats are a cereal plant grown mainly because of its grains. They prepare different foods - semolina, flour, oat flakes (which we will mainly focus on here) and more.
To reach us, in the form of the well-known oatmeal, the oats undergo a special treatment that separates the grains from the non-edible part of the plant and from their shell.
Oatmeal - nutritional composition
I have already mentioned the rich content of vitamins, minerals and fiber in oatmeal. They are also quite nutritious. Mainly slow (complex) carbohydratesbut also protein and fat - in smaller but significant quantities.
Oatmeal is quite caloric and despite its many benefits, the amount in it is yours diet should be consistent with the overall caloric intake, as well as the recommended dose of fiber for the day.
100 grams of oatmeal contain*:
390 kcal | 17 g of protein 8 g of fat 66 g of carbohydrates (10 g of fiber)
* These values are approximate - the nutritional composition may vary slightly between different types and brands.
The rich range of vitamins and minerals in oatmeal includes: calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, selenium, zinc, some B-group vitamins and more.
# healthy and beautiful
With this article we will return more or less to some of the basic principles of healthy and successful weight loss. photo: Huha Inc. / unsplash With this article we will return more or less to some of the basic principles of healthy and successful weight loss. If recently ...
Fine or large oatmeal?
Depending on the processing method, two types of oatmeal are distinguished - fine and large. Large oatmeal is the more preferred variant of the two, since the way they are processed ensures that more useful nutrients are retained in their composition.
Most fiber in large oatmeal means slower absorption and a lower glycemic index (GI). In other words, they can saturate you evenly, for a longer period of time.
But if you have a more sensitive intestinal tract, you are rich in fiber large oatmeal can irritate it, so in this case the subtle have a slight advantage. In all other cases, I personally recommend the consumption of large oatmeal.
Oatmeal and oat bran
Oatmeal is the core of oat grain, and oat bran is its shell. Oat bran contains most of the grain of the grain, but with the "more"Does not always mean"better".
It is the high fiber content of bran that makes it impossible for many people to consume because they irritate the stomach and intestines.
Oatmeal - Health Benefits
- They are good for the heart - Most of the fiber in oatmeal is beta-glucan. These are a type of water soluble fiber that has many health benefits, natural polysaccharides.
- Lower cholesterol and in particular bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Lowers blood sugar and insulin response.
- They help the development of beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract.
- They saturate easily and help fight weight - Oatmeal is not only delicious but also quite satisfying. In other words, you can easily satiate yourself by eating less food and therefore less calories.
- They are useful for the digestive system - Oatmeal is rich in fiber. And fiber is a well-known ally for stomach and intestinal problems. The intake of fiber increases the weight and water content of the stool, making the excretion process easier.
In addition, as already mentioned, it has been found that the breakdown and fermentation of beta-glucans improves the diversity of the intestinal microflora. This, in turn, can improve some digestive problems such as: diarrhea, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
There is another option for improvement here - probiotic… But why not use the more delicious and enjoyable solution in this case?
Oat pancakes with honey
If you have the time and desire for something more interesting and even more delicious - I recommend making oat pancakes. They are also my favorite option for eating oatmeal.
- Ingredients: 1 egg; The 3 protein; 60 g. Oatmeal; 2-3 Cocoa; 1 med.
- Method of preparation: The egg, cocoa and proteins are mixed well in a bowl. Grind the oatmeal with a blender until a large flour is obtained. Or you can use fine oatmeal. Add the ground nuts to the egg mixture and mix well. From the mixture, 1 or more optional pancakes are formed, which are baked to a non-stick pan. You can taste the pancakes with a spoonful of honey.
- Estimated nutritional value: 370 kcal; 21 g protein; 10 g fat; 49 carbohydrates.
Oatmeal is a very useful and enjoyable food, as long as you know how and how much to take. Whatever your purpose, they will easily find a place in your diet and you will be able to take advantage of their many beneficial qualities.
more to read
The conservation organization WWF has chosen to launch this year's edition of its Earth Hour campaign on the day the world celebrates its International Forest Day for the 50th anniversary.
Some may not accept the fact that a girl transforms into a mummer (given the customs of the past). For those who love traditions, it may be nice to go back in time.
Phyllis Susse is 95 years old and has been involved in many (increasingly creative) activities in her life. He started dancing at an early age and played the piano, but later chose to dance for his career and went all the way to Broadway. Later in life, the piano and Phyllis return ...
The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our habits, says writer James Clear. In fact, 80% of our lives are determined by our daily routine. The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our habits, says writer James Clear. In fact, 80% of ...